“Prospective buyers will be pleased to know that as Numark has done before, the unit also contains a full independent mixer. This means you can plug in CDJs, turntables and more and bring them into your set without problem. That mixer is also somewhat larger this time around, thanks to the extra two channels it sports for the four decks. This also serves to enhance its chunky, no messin’ look and feel.”. -Engadget.com
“The latest hot news in DJ electronics involves the collaboration between two industry heavyweights, and has resulted in two products that are likely to be very big indeed. Serato have just released their Serato DJ software which is designed for all-in-one controllers and is the much anticipated upgrade that Serato users have been waiting for. The Pioneer DDJ-SX has been designed to integrate perfectly with Serato DJ, with intuitive control of all of the fancy new features found in the software, and makes the lofty claim of being “the most advanced all-in-one DJ controller to date”. -DJMag.com
This isn’t your Daddy’s turntables. Though we live in a time of Mac and Serato DJs, the traditional turntable will always be the “truest” form of mixing. Here is a way to move some of you more stubborn djs into the future. At least in look. Here are the specs:
• Chassis available in matt black, glossy black, red and white
• A quiet running synchronous motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter’s outside edge via a rubber belt.
• The drive motor is isolated on its own platform and completely decoupled from the plinth to eliminate vibration transmission.
• The resonance-optimised platter is made of medium density fibre.
• A inverted, chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a polished metal ball in a sintered bronze bearing housing.
• Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw.
• External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
The price is right too. At least you won’t have to put a quarter on that needle anymore (shrugs).